- 4 avocados (ripe medium, pitted and fleshed)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (*, or honey)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used cashew)
- 8 sandwich cookies (chocolate cream, **, dairy-free or gluten-free if needed)
- 1 quart strawberries (washed and dried – keep stems)
- 10 ounces white chocolate (dairy-free)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- gummy worms
- pumpkin candies
1 quart strawberries, washed and dried – keep stems
10 oz dairy-free white chocolate
2 tsp coconut oil
1 TBS dairy-free dark chocolate chips
baking sheet and parchment paper or silicone
gummy worms, pumpkin candies
- Make the Dirt Pudding:
- In a small food processor bowl or blender cup add avocado, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and milk. Blend ingredients until smooth – you may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl or cup a couple of times with a spatula.
- Evenly disperse dirt pudding into 6 jars or cups – use 2oz plastic shooter glasses if serving a crowd.
- Rinse and wipe clean the pudding blender cup.
- Process chocolate cream sandwich cookies for “dirt”. Once the cookies have processed into crumbs, evenly distribute on top of pudding.
- Make the strawberry ghosts:
- Melt white chocolate and coconut oil in medium microwave-safe bowl on half power, about 15 second increments stirring in between until chocolate is fully melted. Set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl in 10 second increments stirring in between until fully melted.
- Carefully dip the strawberries into the bowl of white chocolate until fully covered, then lay on lined baking sheet. Repeat this process with the rest of the strawberries.
- Once white chocolate has dried, dip toothpick into dark chocolate and dot on eyes and mouth. Let dry completely, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add toppings to dirt pudding:
- Add gummy worms, pumpkin candies, strawberry ghosts and other spooky candies you’d like to the dirt pudding.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve
- Enjoy these spooky treats!
Image and Recipe source: Fit Mitten Kitchen on Yummly